At London Loves Business, we’re committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This Policy explains when and why we collect personal information about people who visit our website, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others and how we keep it secure.
We may change this Policy from time to time so please check this page occasionally to ensure that you’re happy with any changes. By using our website, you’re agreeing to be bound by this Policy.
Any questions regarding this Policy and our privacy practices should be sent by email to [email protected] or write to us at Prism Thinking Media Ltd (company registration number 10212333), Kemp House, 152-160 City Road, London EC1V 2NX or call us on 020 7862 1748.
How do we collect information from you?
We obtain information about you when you use our website, applications or services for example, when you register to receive one of our newsletters, contact us about products and services, download information such as white papers or publications, enter a competition or prize draw, take part in surveys, attend an event or webinar, post comments or participate in any other interactive areas that appear on our website, interact with us using social media, contact us offline for example by telephone, SMS, email or post.
We also collect information from your devices (including mobile devices) and application you use to access our website or applications or services (for example,) and we will ask for your permission before we do so. We may do this using cookies see below.
We may enhance personal and company information we collect from you with information we obtain from third parties that are permitted to or entitled to share that information.
What type of information is collected from you?
The personal information we collect might include your name, email address, company details such as company name, address, job title or function, number of employees or turnover as well as information such as the device identification number and type, location information and connection information such as statistics on your page views, traffic to and from the sites, referral URL, ad data, your IP address, your browsing history and your web log information.
How is your information used?
We may use your information to:
- We may process your personal information for our legitimate business interests
- For example, if we send you direct mail or email it is because we believe it is relevant to you based on the information we hold
- Provide any information and services that you have requested
- Seek your views or comments on the services we provide
- Notify you of changes or improvements to our services
- Manage our relationship with you
- Send you communications which you have requested, or invite you to take part in customer research
- Provide you with any information that we are required to send you to comply with our regulatory or legal obligations
- Detect, prevent, investigate or remediate, crime, illegal or prohibited activities or to otherwise protect our legal rights (including liaison with regulators and law enforcement agencies for these purposes)
- We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our Web site. These companies may use aggregated information (not including your name, address, email address or telephone number) about your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, please see: [http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp]
- Inform you of promotions of our associated companies goods and services that you have agreed to receive
- To monitor, carry out statistical analysis and benchmarking, provided that in such circumstances it is on an aggregated basis which will not be linked back to you or any living individual
- Deliver targeted advertising, marketing (including in-product messaging) or information to you which may be useful to you, based on your use of our applications and services
- Deliver joint content and services with third parties with whom you have a separate relationship (for example, social media providers); and
- Provide you with location based services (for example, advertising and other personalised content), where we collect geo-location data.
- Aggregate information in relation to preparing presentations for existing and prospective advertisers and sponsors as well as helping advertisers to reach their target audience.
- Retain a record of your withdrawal of consent in order to maintain suppression records so that we comply with direct marketing rules.
Who has access to your information?
We will not sell or rent your information to third parties.
We will not share your information with third parties for marketing purposes without your express written consent.
Third Party Service Providers working on our behalf: We may pass your information to our third party service providers, agents subcontractors and other associated organisations for the purposes of completing tasks and providing services to you on our behalf (for example sending newsletters and other emails). However, when we use third party service providers, we disclose only the personal information that is necessary to deliver the service and we have a contract in place that requires them to keep your information secure and not to use it for their own direct marketing purposes. Please be reassured that we will not release your information to third parties for them to use for their own direct marketing purposes, unless you have requested us to do so, or we are required to do so by law, for example, by a court order or for the purposes of prevention of fraud or other crime.
From time to time, we may use your information to contact you with details about our applications, products and services which we feel may be of interest to you.
You have a choice about whether or not you wish to receive information from us. If you do not want to receive direct marketing communications from us or our third party product providers, then you can opt out at the time you provide us with your information or at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of every email communication.
We will not contact you for marketing purposes by email, phone or text message unless you have given your prior consent. We will not contact you for marketing purposes by post if you have indicated that you do not wish to be contacted. You can change your marketing preferences at any time by contacting us by email [email protected] or by telephone on 020 7862 1748.
We may share your information with third party platform providers (such as Facebook, Google and Twitter) to serve targeted advertising/content to you via the relevant third party platform based on your profile/interests. Your information is used by the third-party platform provider to identify your account and serve advertisements to you. You can control what advertisements you receive via the privacy settings on the relevant provider’s platform and you should consult the third party’s help/support centre for more information.
It is possible to switch off cookies by setting your browser preferences. For more information on how to switch off cookies on your computer, visit our full cookies policy. Turning cookies of may result in a loss of functionality when using our website.
Accessing and update your information
The accuracy of your information is important to us. We’re working on ways to make it easier for you to review and correct the information that we hold about you. In the meantime, if you would like to request details of how we use your information, remove or place restrictions or update any of the other information we hold please email us at [email protected] or write to us at Prism Thinking Media Ltd, Kemp House, 152-160 City Road, London EC1V 2NX or call us on 020 7862 1748.
Security and storage of information
We will keep your information secure by taking appropriate technical and organisational measures against its unauthorised or unlawful processing and against its accidental loss, destruction or damage. We will do our best to protect your personal information but we cannot guarantee the security of your information which is transmitted to our website, applications or services or to other website, applications and services via an internet or similar connection. If we have given you (or you have chosen) a password to access certain areas of our websites, applications or services please keep this password safe – we will not share this password with anyone.
Transferring your information outside of Europe
As part of the services offered to you through this website, the information which you provide to us may be transferred to countries outside the European Union (“EU”). By way of example, this may happen if any of our servers are from time to time located in a country outside of the EU. These countries may not have similar data protection laws to the UK. By submitting your personal data, you’re agreeing to this transfer, storing or processing. If we transfer your information outside of the EU in this way, we will take steps to ensure that appropriate security measures are taken with the aim of ensuring that your privacy rights continue to be protected as outlined in this Policy.
If you use our services while you are outside the EU, your information may be transferred outside the EU in order to provide you with those services.
If you follow a link from our website, application or service to another site or service, this notice will no longer apply. We are not responsible for the information handling practices of third party sites or services and we encourage you to read the privacy notices appearing on those sites or services.
Our websites, applications or services may enable you to share information with social media sites, or use social media sites to create your account or to connect your social media account. Those social media sites may automatically provide us with access to certain personal information retained by them about you (for example any content you have viewed). You should be able to manage your privacy settings from within your own third party social media account(s) to manage what personal information you enable us to access from that account.
If you have any queries about how we treat your information, the contents of this notice, your rights under local law, how to update your records of how to obtain a copy of the information that we hold about you, please email us at [email protected] or write to us at Prism Thinking Media Ltd, Kemp House, 152-160 City Road, London EC1V 2NX or call us on 020 7862 1748.